- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 6 oz. chorizo
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 poblano peppers thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup low fat yogurt or sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 -2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tomato chopped
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- French’s fried onion rings
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork and choriza. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove meat mixture from pan with slotted spoon; drain fat, reserving 1-2 tbsp in pan for step 2.
- Add onion and peppers, cumin, chili powder and salt; cook approx. 8-10 minutes or until tender. Return meat mixture to pan and let simmer until ready to eat.
- Heat a griddle; spray lightly with oil; when hot, toast tortillas, approx. 1 minute on each side or until they brown and puff.
- Fill tortilla halfway with meat/pepper mixture, leaving room for toppings.
- Top with cheese first, then tomatoes, avocados, sauce and onion rings. Add chopped cilantro if desired.
©Copyright 2018, Randy Bancino